There is a set-up fee of $50 for the imprint. If this is a repeat order of a precious one submitted through me, the setup fee is only $20. Artwork should be submitted as EPS or PDF at 300 dpi or better. If artwork is not suitable for imprinting, we can have it recreated for a fee of $25.00
2) Hard Copy for Verification: No matter what the format or transfer method, artwork should always be submitted with either a hard copy for verification or the electronic equivalent. Properly prepared PDF files or JPG files are often suitable as verification.
3) Size of Artwork: Indicate if supplied artwork is 'to size'. If not to size, indicate at what percentage it should be used or what the finished size should be (e.g.. make 1 1/4'' wide). Factory will enlarge or reduce artwork at no charge. When maximum imprint area is requested, or when percentage is not specified, factory will use its best judgment to achieve an attractive imprint and may reduce or enlarge artwork.
4) Graphics Program: Preferred - Adobe Illustrator. Accepted - Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw.
5) File Formats:
Vector Artwork Files (EPS): Must be saved in the Postscript Format and contain no Postscript errors. All design elements in the file should be 1 point or greater. Failure to do so may compromise the final imprint quality. If the vector file contains any linked (placed) raster images, these images must meet the minimum requirement for resolution when rendered at 100% actual imprint size and must be submitted with the original vector file.
Acrobat Files (PDF): PDF files created from vector files must retain the editing capabilities of the program that was used to create them (e.g. Illustrator or Freehand). PDF files that contain raster elements must meet the minimum requirements for raster art files as outlined below. PDF files that contain vector elements must meet the minimum requirements for vector art files as indicated above. PDF files created from page layout documents should be submitted together with the source documents, fonts and all supporting files.
Raster Artwork Files (TIFF or JPEG): All raster elements and art files must be sized to 100% or larger than the actual imprint size. All Raster images must meet or exceed 300 dpi (minimum resolution) and must be submitted in the proper color space (CMYK).
6) Font Information: The smallest font size that can be clearly reproduced is 8 pt. in sans serif or 12 pt. in serif fonts. Script fonts must be at least 12 pt. Convert text to paths, curves or outlines (text that becomes an object and can no longer be edited as text.) If this is not possible, send in PC compatible screen and printer fonts used only for the job submitted. . There are a few simple steps that you can take to convert fonts to outlines: In Adobe Illustrator, select the text that needs to be converted, click on Type (in the top toolbar), and then click on Create Outlines. In Adobe Photoshop, select the text that needs to be converted, click on Layer (in the top toolbar), select Type, and then select Convert to Shape. Be sure you've chosen one of our stock fonts (Typestyles shown below). If you desire a font other than one of our standard fonts submit it as vector art.
7) Ribbon Imprint Information: Repeat (foil-stamped ribbon only): Imprint repeats approximately every 3-5 inches. There is approximately 2-2 1/2 inches in between each imprint.
8) Artwork Proofs: A proof of artwork layout will be provided normally within 48 hours of receipt. Note that the order will be placed on hold until receipt of the complete order including proof approval.
9) Stock Designs:
Don't have a logo or short on time? Consider one of our stock designs:
Stock Firebrand Designs - available on our cutting boards and wooden collector's box designs. Note the graphics shown have been reduced for illustrative purposes.
Stock Ribbon Designs - have any of the following text designs foil-printed on your ribbon instead of a custom logo.