This blog is not going to be your everyday kind of business blog. This is my opportunity to share with you almost 73 years of life experience in a changing world–which includes much more than just operating a successful business.
You’re likely to find anything here but my object is to make you think, help you learn, and in the process, perhaps save you a few pennies. Here is the first penny-saver that hopefully also makes you think and helps you learn!
Coffee filters ..who knew!
COFFEE FILTERS: Not just for making coffee…
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave.
Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are
lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China.
Separate your good dishes by putting a coffee filter
between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork
when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in
the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through
a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a
coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers
for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line
a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from
going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two
holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows?
Use strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French
fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. Soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great “razor nickfixers.”